San Diego Web Design Agency Seeks Intermediate Web Developer
CreativeSights is offering an employment opportunity to the person who will be a great fit for our team. More than a simple contract or project position, we're looking for someone to join us for several days each week for consistent work.
Established in 2008, CreativeSights has helped more than 200 businesses look and work better on the web. Working at CreativeSights requires both technical skills and character. Being the right culture fit for our company is equally as important as your technical experience.
Our Web Developer will be expected to provide project support for both new websites and the maintenance of existing sites. Our Web Developer must understand the context of the work we do for our clients, as for a small business owner, a website may be the lifeline of someone's business and livelihood.
If you've read the requirements below and feel that you're an excellent candidate for this job, please follow the steps listed at the bottom this posting EXACTLY.
Required Technical Skills
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- HTML and CSS: You must be very comfortable with HTML and CSS. You must be comfortable building clean and optimized pages and elements from scratch. If you are dependent on Dreamweaver or another code creation tool, you’re not the right person for this position.
- Open Source Content Management Systems: Experience with content management systems, ecommerce systems and blogging platforms like Joomla!, Drupal, Magento, and Wordpress is a plus. The majority of our work is Joomla! based.
- Basic Graphic Design: You must be familiar with image manipulation techniques, file formats, graphic design concepts and comfortable working in Adobe Fireworks, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Additional Personality Traits
- Organization: You must be organized. CreativeSights is a process-driven company and we use Basecamp aggressively to manage our projects.
- Self-Starter: Be self-motivated, able to anticipate needs and able to work independently and responsibly without direct supervision.
- Professional: CreativeSights maintains a professional work office environment and you must be comfortable speaking, and dressing accordingly. You are expected to be punctual and have reliable transportation.
- Amiable: Enjoy working with people in a collaborative team environment. You must be comfortable in social interactions with your co-workers and clients.
- Discretion: Be willing to comply with strict confidentiality requirements.
Your ability to demonstrate technical skills will be required, but first, we’d like to get to know YOU.
We're looking to hire the right person immediately. So if this job sounds good to you, it’s essential that you follow instructions exactly.
- Call (858) 609-9327 and be ready to sell yourself.
- Format your resume and associated information as a PDF document and supply at least 3 examples of web development work you've done.
This is a part-time position. We’re flexible, so we will work with the right person to set a schedule that fits. Pay range is $16-20/hour.
All work will be done on premise. Please do not contact us about work from home or outsourcing opportunities.